Schoolmaster Gradebook Procedures
Schoolmaster is the District Student Information System. The main component utilized by teachers or their ADULT designees is the Gradebook application. The Gradebook application can serve many purposes: Taking Attendance, Maintaining Assignment Records (score, weighting, grouping, grading policy, date, etc.), Creating Calculations (end of Term Grades, 2 week Progress Reports, etc.), Posting Grades (and optionally Comments) to the student Report Card, Posting Grade Reports to the Parent Access Secure System (PASS), and Reporting Score or Grade Distributions and statistics. You are free to utilize other Gradebook applications, however, there are typically site requirements for Posting to PASS. PASS is only one means of communicating Progress to Parents and Students, please do NOT rely solely upon PASS. If a student is struggling or in danger of failing your class, please consider augmenting PASS with a phone call or parent conference.
There are presently 7 Learning Outcomes in this Training Module:
- Topic 1: Be able to locate the Gradebook Application and create a Shortcut on your Desktop.
- Topic 2: Know how to log in to the Gradebook Application, Import Course Rosters, and Set Up Mark Tables
- Topic 3: Know how to Set Up/Configure a single Gradebook to be used all year (Configuration View).
- Topic 4: Know how to Add and Import Assignments and Calculations (Data Entry and Assignment Views)
- Topic 5: Be able to Post Term and Semester Grades; be able to Print a Grade Verification Report.
- Topic 6: Be able to Transition Gradebooks from Semester 1 to Semester 2 (Date Range Settings)
- Topic 7: Know how to Post Gradebooks to PASS and other Miscellaneous Workstation Settings