Employment Opportunities » Substitute Teachers

Substitute Teachers

Substitute Teachers
On call

If you are wanting to be a substitute for multiple districts within the county, we recommend you apply through HCOE. Please contact: [email protected] to discuss applying and register for the substitute orientation event at my.hcoe.net.

For those who only want to sub for Northern Humboldt Union High School District:

Submit District Application, Current Resume, and 3-5 Letters of Recommendation by email, fax or mail to:

PERSONNEL, Northern Humboldt UHSD
2755 McKinleyville Ave.
McKinleyville, CA 95519
(707) 839-6473

To submit an online application, please click here.
$140/day for 5 periods ($28/hr)
$168/day for 6 periods ($28/hr)
$160/day for Long Term Subs (20 days or more for same teacher) $32/hr
Must have valid CA teaching credential (in any subject) or a 30-day permit. If you have a BA/BS degree, you can apply for a 30-day permit at HCOE. The Basic Skills requirement to obtain the credential is being waived January 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
Contact Jamie Kester - Personnel
Phone: 707-839-6473
Fax: 707-839-6477
2755 McKinleyville Avenue, McKinleyville, CA 95519