- Personnel at the district office will issue a fingerprint authorization form via email with instructions on where to get fingerprinted locally. The volunteer will be responsible for any fees due at the time of fingerprinting (usually $20 to $25).
- Return a copy of the receipt and completed fingerprint form to the Northern Humboldt Union High School District office which is located at 2755 McKinleyville Ave. McKinleyville, CA 95519 or email to [email protected].
- The district will reimburse the volunteer when the completed fingerprint form and receipt are returned to the office.
Please note that although you may have been fingerprinted at other Humboldt County schools, you must still be fingerprinted for Northern Humboldt Union High School District since fingerprint notifications are not transferable between districts.
The volunteer must provide the following:
- Current proof of TB clearance. (Can upload and attach to Volunteer form when you are completing it online.) If the volunteer doesn’t have a current TB clearance certificate, the district will provide information and an authorization to have the TB clearance conducted with our school nurse.
*Drivers are exempt from needing a TB clearance, unless they spend the night with the team.
- Official photo identification (California ID card or California Driver’s License). (Can upload and attach to Volunteer form when you are completing it online.)
- For volunteers who are driving students, you need to have a DMV INF1125 driving record to turn in to the Bus Garage or email to: [email protected]. Please note the DMV INF1125 can only be given to you from the DMV in person. (Can upload and attach to Volunteer form when you are completing it online.)
- Volunteers who are driving their own vehicle must also submit proof of insurance. (Can upload and attach to Volunteer form when you are completing it online.)
Inspections require an appointment with a 72 hour notice. A DMV INF1125 must be received even if you are driving a district vehicle. Please call the high school to speak with Mr. Sahlman (auto teacher) to schedule your inspection during the school year. During summer months, you will contact the Bus Garage at (707)825-2434 to schedule an inspection.
Once all information (form, fingerprints, TB test and ID verification) is completed and the district has received fingerprint clearance from the California Department of Justice, district office personnel will notify the high school office (or appropriate site personnel) that the volunteer is cleared to volunteer at the site.
Note: Under no circumstances shall a volunteer work with students in the NHUHSD until they have received clearance and authorization